Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@c...>
John Link <johnlink@c...>
Date:  Wed May 16, 2001  8:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Transposing, Sight-singing (was "Cole Porter Songs")

> Do you know of a computer program which would automatically
>transpose music? It would be nice to be able to scan music into the
>computer, have it recognized as notes by the software, and then transposed
>to a selected key.

Sibelius does it. I haven't yet used the scanner feature, but the
transposition feature works well. Get a free demo, fully-functional
except for the ability to save your scores, at
http://www.sibelius.com/features/demo.html. Sibelius is available to
teachers at an academic discount. I bought my copy at
http://www.wsproductions.com/. Please mention my name to Elliot at WS
Productions.

Sibelius is a great notation program, easy to learn, runnin on both
Mac and PC, written by identical twin brothers who are both musicians
and programmers. It will even PLAY your scores!

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais
http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet

emusic.com