Vocalist.org archive

From:  Amy Hespenheide <nevadamezzo@y...>
Date:  Wed Apr 26, 2000  9:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "faching up"

It's really __my__ ignorance, in not knowing which one is considered
"high C"! I'm slightly stunned that teachers thought you were a mezzo
when you had that kind of top range . . . . But then again, maybe
voice classifications are also based on tone color, where in your range
you're most comfortable, etc. I think I'm a mezzo, although I have
quite a high speaking voice, because I can't sing very well above E5
(an octave and a bit above middle C) and my most comfortable notes are
A4 to C5. I can vocalize up to "high C" but can't sing it. Have you
always been able to sing up there? And just recently changed fachs
based on something other than range alone?

Just curious.

Amy