Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Wed May 16, 2001  4:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Cole Porter Songs

Bill Alley wrote:

> Could you please tell me if the following Cole Porter Songs come in a
> higher key. The songs are: "I've Got You Under My Skin", "I Concentrate On
> You", and "Night and Day". I have the songs in Eb, but as a Tenor they
> tend to go a little low. Before I pay somebody to transpose them, I would
> like to know if there are any printed versions available.

Bill,

I am also a tenor (lyric) and have transposed or found tranpositions for many
songs. I also manage professional singers (all children in film and stage) and
are constantly providing transposed music for them. My source is
http://www.lib.utk.edu:90/~music/songwizard/. This is a publicly-available
database providing access to about 50,000 songs in more than 1,500 published
song anthologies owned by the George F. DeVine Music Library at the University
of Tennessee, located in Knoxville.

QUOTE:
"This is an index to citations only. Most print editions in our library are
under copyright, and we are legally unable to make them available over the
Internet. However, even if you are not affiliated with the University of
Tennessee, you may still be able to obtain the songs listed here. Ask your
local librarian about interlibrary loan options that may be available to you."

I have been able to arrange interlibrary loans here in NH. A great source. I
looked and they have 112 Cole Porter titles including all those you seek. It
also lists the collections in which the songs you are seeking appear.

If you cannot find a transposed copy of your music, contact me directly and I
can probably make copies in whatever key you need, gratis (with a string
attached).

Dean FH Macy

--
http://www.mp3.com/stations/epilogue_records_artistshtml