Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Tue May 15, 2001  9:49 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] why are operas underrehearsed?

In a message dated 5/15/2001 4:44:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
mightymezzo@h... writes:
mightymezzo@h... writes:

> As it happens, Opera San Jose operates in a similar fashion. The company
> hires "resident artists" who are housed in the area, train and work work
> work on several roles a season. Chorus and comprimario singers are also
> engaged locally.

I actually just sang Maddalena at OSJ this past February, and in addition to
having the resident artists, OSJ flew in one of the Rigolettos from LA, one
of the Maddalenas from LA, and one of the Sparafuciles from Philadelphia.
They audition in NY every year looking for resident artists and "guest
artists", (which is the category that the above-mentioned and I fall into.)
TinaO

emusic.com