Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue May 15, 2001  5:15 pm
Subject:  Question regarding *staging* of Dr. Diane's "Elijah"

NOBODY'S ANSWERED MY QUESTION YET! How in the heck did you stage the chorus
"The Lord gave the word"? The one that includes the text "And a mighty wind
... broke in pieces the rocks, brake them before the Lord..." and goes on to
describe the earthquake and the fire and finally "there came a still small
voice, and in that still voice onward came the Lord."

As you may have guessed, I was in an "Elijah" performance once, and it was
plenty dramatic *without* staging! We really got into it.

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"If you must be wrong, be wrong at the top of your voice!" --Lucy Van Pelt

11912 Re: Question regarding *staging* of Dr. Diane's " dclark   Tue  5/15/2001   3 KB
11914 Re: Question regarding *staging* of Dr. Diane's " Elizabeth Finkler   Tue  5/15/2001   3 KB

emusic.com