Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen <kjensen@c...>
Karen <kjensen@c...>
Date:  Tue May 15, 2001  12:40 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] Voice Cuts Out

I have a 50-ish female student who has a lyric voice which has been
technically secure in the past, but occasionally it just cuts out, like a
candle suddenly being snuffed out by a sudden gust of wind. It just simply
stops, usually on a highish sustained note, as if the prospect of
sustaining is too much for the instrument to bear. Has anyone else had any
experience with this kind of thing? I have been reading up on effects of
hormonal changes and haven't been able to find anything specific. Any
ideas, medical, vocal, or otherwise?
Cheers, Karen Jensen

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11915 Voice Cuts Out Tako Oda   Tue  5/15/2001   2 KB

emusic.com