Vocalist.org archive

From:  "saint james" <stjames@l...>
"saint james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Fri May 11, 2001  6:14 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] reading skills or rather a lack thereof

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com <vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com < Subject: Re: [vocalist] reading skills or rather a lack thereof.........

>Karen Mercedes wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone else find that when one sight-reads a piece for the first
>> time, one's vocal technique pretty much goes out the window?

James here.....

I "mark" when I am first reading through a piece. I try to do one thing at a
time. It is important to mark properly, just singing softly requires too
much effort to do properly
and if not done right is not healthy. Humming works. I am just concerned
with the pitches and rhythm, not diction and polished singing.

"We want a few mad people now. See where the sane ones have landed us!"
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
This transmission ends now

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11855 Re: reading skills or rather a lack thereof Jeffrey Snider   Sun  5/13/2001   3 KB
11858 Re: reading skills or rather a lack thereof Karen Mercedes   Sun  5/13/2001   3 KB

emusic.com