Vocalist.org archive

From:  BEChoate@a...
BEChoate@a...
Date:  Thu May 10, 2001  5:55 pm
Subject:  funerals

Hi all,

I have had to deal with singing for funerals and contracting musicians for
funerals for many years.

It is my experience that most, not all, funeral homes will factor in the cost
for musicians into their funeral expenses for the family. This means that
all expenses are paid directly to the funeral home from the family and the
funeral home cuts the check. The check is then payable to the musician at
the service by the funeral home director.

This is a very effective method. If this tradition isn't currently set up in
your location, then sitting down with funeral directors in your area would
most likely accomplish this task.

Best Wishes,
Barbara Pinto-Choate

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11824 Re: funerals Ian Belsey   Fri  5/11/2001   2 KB

emusic.com