Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@c...>
John Link <johnlink@c...>
Date:  Thu May 10, 2001  4:02 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] reading skills or rather a lack thereof.........

Nande wrote:

>We do accept books in choirs and orchestra's, don't we?
>The reason actors don't run around with scripts etc. in thair hands,
>is because they can improvise and get the right message across.

The directors I've worked with don't appreciate much deviation from the script.

>(classical) singers and musicians have much less freedom in that
>department, so they probably feel more need to carry sheets of paper
>around...

You mean that classical musicians aren't so good at improvising? I'll
save THAT rant for another day. (And I promise that after one
over-stated rant on the topic I'll deliver a second from quite a
different point of view.)

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais
http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11713 Re: reading skills or rather a lack thereof...... Nande   Thu  5/10/2001   2 KB
11725 Re: reading skills or rather a lack thereof...... Karen Mercedes   Thu  5/10/2001   4 KB

emusic.com