Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Nande" <denanny@h...>
"Nande" <denanny@h...>
Date:  Wed May 9, 2001  5:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] reading skills or rather a lack thereof.........

Interesting!
Reading aloud, well, that's not my biggest talent either. I tend to
speak too fast, trip over words and my breath management is terrible.
It's okay as long as I conciously keep my eyes a few words ahead of
my tongue, but that requires real attention. Especially when reading
bits longer than say, half a page...
10 years ago I was in drama school. Reading aloud was fine then,
because I HAD to pause for dramatic purposes. It didn't affect my
regular reading though..... :-))

I'm very interested what you make of all this!

Nande

> I'm curious about something else. How is it for you to read aloud?
> I'm refering to a novel or a poem or a newspaper article.
>
> John Link
>
> http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais
> http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkVocalQuintet

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11680 Re: reading skills or rather a lack thereof...... John Link   Wed  5/9/2001   3 KB

emusic.com