Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
"Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
Date:  Tue May 8, 2001  4:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal Lit

Karen-

I have taught Vocal Lit for about 10 years now. Sadly, there is no
ideal "textbook." I use Carol Kimball's book as an optional text. A
History of Song, ed. Denis Steven is a book every singer should own,
but it is wildly uneven. (Eight pages on Bartok and less than two on
Faure.) I have seen people use Emmons and Sonntag's Art of the Song
Recital as a Vocal Lit. text. A great book, but again, not exactly a
textbook.

I keeep threatening to write one myself, but I need to get caught up
on my paperwork first!

I will be happy to send you my bibliography. E-mail me at:

jsnider@m...
jsnider@m...

and I'll send it as a Word file.

emusic.com