Vocalist.org archive

From:  BdwayDiva1@a...
BdwayDiva1@a...
Date:  Sat May 5, 2001  5:09 pm
Subject:  Trying So Hard and Still Not Good Enough

hey yall,
I just wanted to say that I get SOOO frustrated!!! I mean it seems as
if no matter how hard I try or how well I sing, I am never good
enouogh. It sucks. I just finished my jury,and my grades ranged from
an 88 to two 95's, and everything in between- the two 95's were from
voice teachers I talk to regularly abput sinigng in general, so yeah
they like me. It just sucks. I get so sick of comments like "Good
potential" When I am singing my heart out. Does that mean I am not
good yet but I might be someday? I wish I could tell every judge in
there that I went into my jury hoarse,a dn that I had just barely
gotten my high notes back after weeks of not having them due to vocal
misuse. I wish I coudl tell them I leanred four of my songs in 1
month- the month OF my jury,after my teacher and I dropped them due
to tooo mcuih techincal difficulty, or my not being able to get the
high notes becayuse I was sick. I wish they could see so many things,
but that's not the case. they see me for all of 5 minutes, and just
grade what they (think) they hear- some vocie teacher told my I am
not a hgh soprano, when let's jsut say, mty friends play the "Let's
see how high Clarissa can go" game). Do any of yall feel like I do?
Like you will alwyas be the girl with the "pretty voice" and nothing
more. BTW I HATE that comment. I don't want to have a pretty voice,
I want a vocie that will blow peopel away. So if youa re one of thsoe
many many voice students who will always be the cute girls
with "Pretty voices", or are just frustrated in any way, please post.
thanks yall!

Clarissa

dorisopran@a...BdwayDiva1@a...Greypins@a...Axwell@a...sopran@a...
  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11609 Re: Trying So Hard and Still Not Good Enough Margaret Harrison   Sat  5/5/2001   6 KB
11613 Re: Trying So Hard and Still Not Good Enough dorisopran@a...   Sun  5/6/2001   2 KB
11614 Re: Trying So Hard and Still Not Good Enough Audrey (its SUCH a cool name   Sun  5/6/2001   4 KB
11616 Re: Trying So Hard and Still Not Good Enough J. Posner   Sun  5/6/2001   5 KB
11617 Re: Trying So Hard and Still Not Good Enough BdwayDiva1@a...   Sun  5/6/2001   5 KB
11618 Re: Trying So Hard and Still Not Good Enough Greypins@a...   Sun  5/6/2001   2 KB
11619 Re: Trying So Hard and Still Not Good Enough Axwell@a...   Sun  5/6/2001   2 KB
11621 Re: Trying So Hard and Still Not Good Enough Audrey (its SUCH a cool name   Sun  5/6/2001   5 KB
11631 Re: Trying So Hard and Still Not Good Enough sopran@a...   Sun  5/6/2001   5 KB

emusic.com