Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Sat May 5, 2001  6:46 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] group to preserve opera on radio (see WGMS)

This thread has inspired in me a renewed sense of
appreciation for CBC - the major Canadian public
broadcaster. Their classical radio station plays a
wide variety of music, including solo voice recitals
(including those of emerging Canadian artists), choir
concerts, Met opera broadcasts plus broadcasts from a
number of opera houses around the world when the Met
season is over. Of course, they play a wide variety of
instrumental music as well :o). And all this without
commercials. I'm glad my tax dollars are going to
something good.

BTW, you can listen to CBC Radio 2 (the classical
station) on the web at
http://cbc.ca/audio.html

I would also recommend going to
http://cbc.ca/concerts/