Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Fri May 4, 2001  2:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] group to preserve opera on radio (see WGMS)

earthbounddiva@w... writes:

<< a group of us from
opera-l have joined in a new group to PRESERVE opera broadcasts on radio
stations, particularly public radio stations which receive our tax funds.

In New York, the outlet for the Met broadcasts is NOT the NPR station, but
the other classical comercial station, WQXR, the station of the New York
Times.

Your clout with public radio should lie in your being a paying member, not a
U.S. taxpayer. I understand their funding comes less and less from taxes and
more and more from corporations, foundations and individuals.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11592 Re: group to preserve opera on radio (see WGMS) Karen Mercedes   Fri  5/4/2001   4 KB
11596 Re: group to preserve opera on radio (see WGMS) Lloyd W. Hanson   Fri  5/4/2001   5 KB
11605 Re: group to preserve opera on radio (see WGMS) Jennifer   Sat  5/5/2001   2 KB

emusic.com