Vocalist.org archive

From:  BdwayDiva1@a...
BdwayDiva1@a...
Date:  Fri May 4, 2001  1:48 pm
Subject:  Re: College students

>I also find that many performance majors are not really interested
> in "classical" performance. Why they're performance majors, I don't
> know.
> FWIW, which is probably nothing...
>
> -JS

Dr. Snider,
YOu are so right! I can think of a lot of voice majors and very good
concentrations that want to do Broadway, Jazz, Pop, etc...Two of my
best friends at UNT want to go into JAzz and one of them is
Performance major, and the other one is a concentration who might as
well be performance. They are majoring in voice beause they really
want to sing, but they do not know exactly what they want to do in
singing. I personally wanted to go into musical theatre since I was a
Freshman in HIgh School. My dream was to be on Broadway! It was only
last year that I relly wanted to do classical singing. Now I wnat to
sing opera so badly, butI know this is not the case for several voice
majors. They just want to take voice and get better while they figure
out what exactly they want to do with their lives. Don't get
discouraged. Keep your head up and keep smiling! :) you ROCK!!!!

Clarissa

emusic.com