Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rebecca Lewis" <eemusic8799@h...>
"Rebecca Lewis" <eemusic8799@h...>
Date:  Thu May 3, 2001  8:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Breathing Exercises

Bill,
My favorite is to bend over at the waist while exhaling all your air.
Then slowly roll up w/out inhaling. When you're standing straight
again...GASP! You should feel your diaphram going down like a piston! It's
really cool! I'm going to introduce it to one of my voice students today!
Another exercise is to inhale deeply through a small hole in your mouth
(like you're drinking from a straw) for about 5 seconds and then hiss like a
snake. Time yourself and see how long you can "hiss." Beckee - Colorado