Vocalist.org archive

From:  greypins@y...
greypins@y...
Date:  Thu May 3, 2001  2:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] help me, i'm drowning!!!

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., John Link <vocalist-temporary@y..., John Link < >
> >stanislaw lem..uh, i mean mike
>
> Huh?
>
> John Link

sorry for the obscurity of the reference john. i spent all of
yesterday trying to figure out why i wasn't getting e-mails from the
two yahoo groups i'm in. 'help', according to yahoo, is an entirely
different word from the one we know as 'help' and, in fact, as far as
yahoo seems to be concerned, it means the exact opposite. so, the
reference in the subj. heading and the signature refer to lem's
novel 'memoirs found in a bathtub' in which our hero finds himself
trapped in a maze and the only clue is a wet piece of paper he finds
in a bathtub. he keeps on ending up back in the bathtub, re-reading
that piece of paper more carefully each time. the book makes
kafka's 'the castle' seem like a travel guide to bermuda.

mike

emusic.com