Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mike & Vicki Bryant <mbryant@f...>
Mike & Vicki Bryant <mbryant@f...>
Date:  Thu May 3, 2001  5:50 am
Subject:  Re: cost of lessons

Karen Mercedes wrote:

>> By the way, ALL the coaches and accompanists I work with are "pay as you
>> go". I could never figure out why teachers don't work the same way.

For this teacher, "pay as you go" works fine for adults or for
teenagers who pay for their own lessons. But for my younger students
whose parents drop them off, both I and the parents find it easier for
them to pay me at the beginning of the month for the whole month. I
do credit forward if the student has been ill, but I write this in my
planner so I know. People who don't pay stop getting lessons.

Vicki Bryant
Naperville, IL

emusic.com