Vocalist.org archive

From:  <info@g...>
<info@g...>
Date:  Wed May 2, 2001  12:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Defeated-feeling tenor

Hola Pablo !

how about your tongue position, could it be too flat ?... Singing with a tongue
in the "ng" position just like Flagstad recommended is healthier especially
when around and above high A... Try the sound è or E (like in "bella") that
will raise the base of your tongue and will allow for a necessary flip to
occur. You will then be in another "voice area" around A or Bflat... If you are
indeed a tenor, you will feel that this mechanism takes you up to the high C,
C#...

Best of luck in your study

Gilles Denizot
baritone - voice teacher