Vocalist.org archive

From:  cpesings@a...
Date:  Tue Apr 25, 2000  4:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] the most beautiful songs

I absolutely think Duparc was a master of the vocal song (all written before
the age of 37). When I sang a couple of his pieces for college I did
extensive research on his life. When he was older he could not even play
anymore due to severe rheumatism and blindness, he wrote this final entry in
his journal:

"The loss of my sight & the deprivation of what has made my whole life -
music & painting, but especially music - is such a grief to me that God could
only console me for it by giving me Himself: that is what He has done and far
from regretting anything, I thank Him."

This was written right before his death. Such passion! It is very sad he
did not believe in himself more.

Coleen

emusic.com