Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Date:  Tue May 1, 2001  3:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: cost of lessons

I asked my students and their parents to begin mailing their payments at
the beginning of the month. I used to give them a statement at the end
of the month to remind them it was due the next week. This took a bit of
time and I often forgot to give one-months go by so quickly) if a parent
didn't get a statement they didn't pay. I'm thinking of giving them a
coupon sort of tablet like some orthodontists do. I'm also curious about
what other teachers charge their students for a lesson. I have only a
bachelor's degree from University of Maryland Baltimore County and have
been teaching for 25 years. I currently charge $25/45 minute lesson.
Make up time is done by adding 15 minutes to 3 lessons. I teach in
Columbia, Maryland, a fairly upper middle class community. Am I charging
too little, do you think? Anne

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11533 Re: cost of lessons Karen Mercedes   Tue  5/1/2001   3 KB
11537 Re: cost of lessons gwyee@r...   Wed  5/2/2001   3 KB
11543 Re: cost of lessons Pepijn van der Laan en Else K   Wed  5/2/2001   5 KB
11548 Re: cost of lessons John Link   Wed  5/2/2001   3 KB
11551 Re: cost of lessons Linda Fox   Wed  5/2/2001   3 KB
11558 Re: cost of lessons leskayc@a...   Wed  5/2/2001   2 KB
11564 Re: cost of lessons Mike & Vicki Bryant   Thu  5/3/2001   2 KB

emusic.com