Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
"Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
Date:  Mon Apr 30, 2001  11:19 pm
Subject:  Non-payment for lessons [was Voice Lessons over the summer]

--- In vocalist-temporary@y...,
> Incidentally, how would a voice teacher end up holding the bag for a
lot of
> money? Don't almost all require payment either in advance or at the
time of
> the lesson? Seems like any other policy would be too risky,
especially with a
> new student who is not a "known quantity."
>
> Judy

Oh, believe me, I've heard lots of excuses! "I haven't been paid yet
this month." "My parents are out of town." "I left my checkbook at
home." I have actually had to tell a student, "Either you pay me
SOMETHING next week, or I simply can't see you anymore."

BTW, I hate bookkeeping. I like to be paid each week. I don't want to
keep track of how much a student owes me, or how many lessons I owe a
student. In fact, I have sworn off non-university students for this
very reason!

-JS

emusic.com