Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Mon Apr 30, 2001  9:05 pm
Subject:  Voice is a very personal thing, was: Voice Lessons over the summer

Well said. What could be more *human* than singing? Therefore what could be
more inhuman than to expect the role of guide and mentor to fuller singing
be just part of a business transaction? john

At 08:36 AM 4/30/01 +1000, you wrote:
>Greypins@a... wrote:
>
>> as if that teacher owned that student. my problem is this, we
teachers
>> are the students' employees.
>
>This is certainly true, but I suggest there is more involved here. As a
private instrumental and voice student I have had a type of
>(appropriate) personal relationship with my teachers, and as a private
instrumental/voice teacher I view my students as having greater
>value than being the source of my income. ...>Helen Duggan

John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

emusic.com