Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Apr 30, 2001  7:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Voice Lessons over the summer

And, like it or not, there are some folks who don't pay bills simply because
they can get away with it. Naturally, this makes things worse for the
dissatisfied client and the temporarily impoverished. But it's a fact of
life.

Speaking from the viewpoint of my "real job," I would have wanted to know
that one particularly accursed customer we had a few years ago was ALSO
stiffing his landlord. We might not have been left holding the bag for $30K
in services otherwise.

Liz (pretending to work)

>From: "Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
>From: "Jeffrey Snider" <snide76258@a...>
>
>--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Gina <vocalist-temporary@y..., Gina < > >If I, as a voice teacher had not gotten
> > paid it would be solely up to me to find a way to settle the
>account.
> > Perhaps this student wasn't happy with the service I provided and
>this
> > was the way that he or she was expressing it. Or maybe she is just
>not
> > aware that there were monies owed and I needed them. Who knows,
>but it
> > is between the two parties. It should be a relationship based on
>trust.
>
>As I said earlier, I have never even HEARD of this happening through
>NATS, although I am sure it has happened. But I doubt that the phone
>company, VISA, Sallie Mae, etc. feel the same way about uncollected
>debts as you do.
>
>-JS

Elizabeth Finkler
Sunnyvale, California
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"If you must be wrong, be wrong at the top of your voice!" --Lucy Van Pelt

11508 Re: Voice Lessons over the summer Jennifer   Mon  4/30/2001   2 KB
11512 Re: Voice Lessons over the summer Isabelle Bracamonte   Tue  5/1/2001   2 KB

emusic.com