Vocalist.org archive

From:  snide76258@a...
snide76258@a...
Date:  Mon Apr 30, 2001  11:58 am
Subject:  Re: Grad School Auditions...

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., April Salerno <vocalist-temporary@y..., April Salerno < > How important is it to stick to one general fach (such
> as mezzo vs. soprano) when choosing grad school
> audition pieces? I work on soprano and mezzo
> repertoire, depending on the pieces of course, and I'm
> hoping it doesn't really matter, but I'd like your
> opinion. Is this an issue to the schools?

It has been an issue here, I can tell you. We ahve had sopranos who
had different "fachs" represented on their audition repertoire and it
looks like they haven't figured out what they are! (Which I'm sure
sometimes they haven't!)

Not that this is fair, but I would try to be consistent!

-JS

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11494 Re: Grad School Auditions... Lisa M. Nuske   Mon  4/30/2001   4 KB
11504 Re: Grad School Auditions... Lloyd W. Hanson   Mon  4/30/2001   3 KB

emusic.com