Vocalist.org archive

From:  MFoxy9795@a...
MFoxy9795@a...
Date:  Sat Apr 28, 2001  10:20 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] need advice

> Hi everyone.
> I don't often post, but have learnt a great deal about singing.
> I was wondering if anyone could help me.
> My desire to sing has always been there but until now I haven't pursued it
> (apart from starting lessons about a year ago)
> Now I would like to do it as a living.
> However I don't really want to sing opper so what are my options, and how
> do I get there?
> Thanks for any advice.
> Steph

the best way to have a REGULAR income singing is to become a cantor in a
catholic church or jewish synagogue, or a paid soloist and section leader in
a choir in a large affluent protestant church. of course, that means you
will be tied down every weekend to sunday services, and in catholic churches,
the saturday 4 p.m. mass and sometimes later masses.

merry

emusic.com