Vocalist.org archive

From:  "peter" <eller@p...>
"peter" <eller@p...>
Date:  Fri Apr 27, 2001  10:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] a singing aussie truckie with a problem

Hello John, your interest is most welcome,thank you. My voice range that I
generally sing in is low to medium,and it (the burning sensation) can happen
anywhere within that. Volume, it appears to be a stonger sensation when
singing loudly. Less painful when singing softly and I can usually continue
on with the piece and most of the time after a brief period, it will then
disappear. Does it happen a lot? In the past, no. Once in a while and I
wasn't all that concerned about it., but lately it is more frequent. I have
become (not paranoid I hope!) very concerned about it as I'm stopped dead in
my tracks on it's occurance. 4 hours or more,are you having a lend of me?:o)
After a couple of minutes, half an hour, time does seem to be a factor.
Dryness. I drink alot of water during practice not because I'm thirsty but
my teacher tells me it is a good thing to do. When I was watching my vocal
chords working on the big screen, the doc was explaining to me how it all
worked, even highlighted the mucus and how it lubricated everything. Your
dryness point has just got me wondering, can this mucus lubrication
intermittantly dry up? If so what happens and how does one go about
reversing this.
Once again thank you for your input.cheers peter.