Vocalist.org archive

From:  "stjames" <stjames@l...>
"stjames" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Fri Apr 27, 2001  5:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Allergies

These ionizers produce ozone, O3. O2 is of course oxygen, so I question an
allergy to something so essential. Perhaps the cause is not to O3 but
something else that happens. O3 is unstable and likes to attach itself to
things in the air, often dust and other things we are allergic to, and then
they fall to the floor. So you still have allergens in your house and still
have to vacuum them up. Much better is a HEPA filter, which pulls the
allergens out of the air.

James