Vocalist.org archive

From:  "stumke.jan" <stumke.jan@w...>
"stumke.jan" <stumke.jan@w...>
Date:  Mon Apr 23, 2001  5:28 pm
Subject:  David L. Jones Off List

Dear Gina!
Thanks for your prompt reply! As I said, I'd like to have some information
about Mr. Jones and his technique. I can't deny I've made some progress with
my singing teacher, but there's a definite feeling of stagnation in the air.
Perhaps this is a feeling we all get once in a while, but it really has
become a vicious circle : stagnation - lack of enthusiasm - less practice -
and so on. And after only two years of regular singing lessons I feel I
haven't learned anything about singing yet...
Without really admitting it to myself I've been looking for a new singing
teacher for the last weeks. A few days ago, I discovered Mr Jones' website
and the site of one of his students, Gilles Denizot. As the articles
contained on these sites seemed quite persuasive, I wondered whether I
should start taking lessons with Mr Denizot - in his own words « one the
Maestro's assistants » - here in Paris. Perhaps I'm just a lazy person (in
this case, even the best teacher in the world will do me no good) but I hope
a teacher with competence and enthusiasm will get me working again. What I'd
like to know from you : is David Jones' technique as wonderful as his
website says it is? I don't know what to think about Mr Denizot, either.
Although his site features all of Mr Jones' articles translated into French
and he seemingly has been chosen by the Maestro Himself to preach the
Technique in Europe, he sounds a little bit self-satisfied when he writes
about himself. But I haven't met him yet, so this may be just a wrong
impression. If you understand me right, I don't want to give my money to
another charlatan !
So if you know one or two things that might be of interest I'd be delighted
to share the knowledge. Thanks in advance !
Your fellow vocalister Jan Stümke

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11488 Re: David L. Jones Off List Greypins@a...   Mon  4/30/2001   2 KB
11511 Re: David L. Jones Off List Gina   Tue  5/1/2001   3 KB

emusic.com