Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Sun Apr 22, 2001  7:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] What to eat

No, I haven't heard that. For me, foods don't have much effect one way
or the other, but I need to be well hydrated so I drink lots of H2O. I
take a Duratuss now and then if I feel gunk in my throat from any plant
allergies or whatever. Caffeine affects my nerves so I don't partake
too close to a performance. Quite frankly, since food goes down one
pipe and the larynx is in the other, I don't place much importance on
what I eat. I just don't sing as well when I am not hydrated.

I have heard:
Lemons clear out mucus. (nah)
Milk causes phlegm (maybe you just notice it more)
Bananas reduce stage fright (maybe...)
Apple juice is more hydrating than water (but has lots of sugar)
Milk coats the throat (I doubt it/why should you need it?)
Spicy/Hot foods clear out mucus (no thanks)

I am sure there are others!

Cheers,
Gina

Linda Fox wrote:

> I have just read that radishes are extremely good for the mucous
> lining
> of the nose and throat. Has anyone else come across this?

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11302 Re: What to eat John Link   Sun  4/22/2001   2 KB
11303 Re: What to eat Isabelle Bracamonte   Sun  4/22/2001   3 KB

emusic.com