Vocalist.org archive

From:  BEChoate@a...
BEChoate@a...
Date:  Sun Apr 22, 2001  6:57 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Dealing with Anxiety When Performing

Dear Colleagues:

This is an interesting topic. I know that anxiety in performance comes in
many different forms for many different reasons. I have attended many
performances where the unprepared falter, however I also know that the
majority of performance anxiety sufferers are not unprepared.

Anxiety comes in many different forms such as the inability to take a deep
breath, blurred vision, dizziness, upset stomach, spasms which result in the
temporary inability to swallow comfortably etc. The list goes on and on.

Biofeedback can be very helpful as well as contacting your nearest hospital
for anxiety and panic classes. Exercise seems to be helpful as well as
consistent and restful sleep.

Because of recent death in the family, I am not up to speed as to where this
thread has been or is going, however I just wanted to add my couple of cents
to the mix. I apologize if the content of this email has been already
discussed.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Barbara Pinto-Choate
BEChoate@a...

emusic.com