Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Sat Apr 21, 2001  9:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] The Medium

Thanks for reminding us all, Diane!

We have a friend who works in the music library of one of the local
universities & he's been a great help in finding out-of-print music for
us. He frequently tracks a lot of things down on the Internet as well as
on whatever inter-library lending service he uses. The person trying to
track this down online might try to enter the composer's name vs. the
opera.

I guess I'm a bit surprised that there is difficulty in finding the score
for Menotti's "The Medium" to begin with. It is still regularly
performed. For those who might be interested, it was issued on CD by
Cedille Records on 1997 by Chicago Opera Theatre.

Pat