Vocalist.org archive

From:  Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Date:  Sat Apr 21, 2001  8:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] re: third side of the triangle

Naomi Gurt Lind wrote:

> I attended a concert of the Mozart Requiem several years back where on his
> curtain call, the conductor held up his copy of the score and Mozart (alas,
> not present!) received a hearty round of applause. I thought that was a
> very classy thing for the conductor to do.

My partner's just told me he attended a performance in Cambridge of a
symphony by Stenhammar(sp) a late Romantic Swedish composer, a student
performance with a student conductor, and at the end, after the
applause, the conductor did just what you described - held up the score
and pointed to it. I think it's a brilliant idea, and we should all
encourage everyone to do it.

How long before the word spreads all round the world? :)

cheers

Linda

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11266 Re: third side of the triangle thomas mark montgomery   Sat  4/21/2001   2 KB

emusic.com