Vocalist.org archive

From:  susanna_co@j...
susanna_co@j...
Date:  Sat Apr 21, 2001  1:51 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] The Medium

Whatever happened to libraries?

Please go to your library and see if there is a score there. (Also, books
which contain synopses as Kobbés Opera Book - yes, The Medium is in
there!) I've been amazed at what I have found not only in University
libraries but public libraries, too! My public library has scholarly
music books and scores that the University does not have!!!!!!

If the library does not have a score, go to the reference section and ask
them to locate one for you through OCLIC, and to get it for you through
Interlibrary Loan.

Singers in school, please use the most incredible resource at your
disposal! Librarians are always eager to help and love a challenge in
finding obscure music, texts, translations, and anything else your mind
can dream up! The only caveat I have is, Librarians get so wrapped up in
these wonderful ventures, that they will take you on incredible hunts for
resources which may take some of your very precious time. SO, plan to go
on a wonderful adventure . . . and plan some time for it. You won't
regret a moment of it!

In addition, your musical world will explode into entire new universes
when you find out exactly what is available to you at no (or very little)
cost!

The Web is a wonderful resource but it is still extremely
limited!!!!!!!!!

Susan Nace
susanna_co@j...