Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Sat Apr 21, 2001  12:43 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Dealing with Anxiety When Performing

In a message dated 4/19/01 8:06:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
amartin@n... writes:
amartin@n... writes:

<< I would be interested to hear how some of you opera singers deal with
anxiety (stage fright) when performing on stage. >>

I am not an opera singer, but I do a lot of sacred and musical theater stuff
locally. I have in intense LOUD pounding in my chest and ears when I stand
up to sing, totally controlled if I take a beta blocker, but as I stated
earlier, I am tired of depending on them. Mentally, I feel no nervousness,
and actually feel great about performing until I stand up to do it, then the
pounding starts. Most unnerving.

Leslie

emusic.com