Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
"DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Fri Apr 20, 2001  5:26 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Recording voice lessons?

TL wrote:

>What should students pick up from their recorded lessons? Is is alright to
practice to them?

I am happy when my students record their lessons. They can learn many
things from these tapes. (1) Words of wisdom from their teacher (or them-
selves!) that may not be remembered. (2) Exactly how to do a new vocalise.
(3) New repertoire. (4) The way their voice sounds in "before and after"
situations. (5) A particular lesson's focus. (6) What happened at the
moment of "breakthrough"! And much more.

Sometimes things are recorded on tape that are good to practice to. Use
your good judgment.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com