Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Wed Apr 18, 2001  6:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: THE AH VOWEL AND OPERATIC SINGING

In a message dated 4/13/01 10:27:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
caiorossi@t... writes:
caiorossi@t... writes:

<< >
> My contrast / minimal pair pronunciation book (which lists every language
one
> for which each contrast is an issue) is upstairs right now. When I've the
> time, I'll check these contrasts:

Can you send me the title later?

Caio, I finally rounded up that book. And, wouldn't you know, the [iy] [i]
contrast is on page one, and, yes, every Romance language (except Romanian,
hummmmm) and every Asian language I know about and a handfull of Eastern
European ones are listed for this contrast's giving difficulty to speakers
of! It is *Pronunciation Contrasts in English* by Don L. F. Nilsen and
Alleen Pace Nilsen, Prentice Hall Regents, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
07632.

emusic.com