Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Isabelle Bracamonte" <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Mon Apr 24, 2000  5:55 pm
Subject:  HELP (forwarded from a new member)

Welcome to our new list member, Pk Brier. This message got sent to
me
by mistake, so I'm forwarding it to the list at large.

----

I am new to this group and hopefully I am posting this message
correctly. If I am not, please forgive me as I have not ever done
this before.
A little history about me....
I am a professional singer (in a rock band). Im 43 and the mother of
three wonderfull (most of the time) girls. I also play guitar and
have sung most of my life. I also am a songwriter, Now My
Problem....
The last few months I have been very susceptible to viral infections
(i.e., upper respiratory). Even though I have treatened my children
with NOT coming home with these ailments, it really is a moot point,
We are starting a very heavy schedule for the next several months and
my voice has been horse since my last bout with the "crud" (got over
the sickie part several weeks ago but the cough has lingered) to the
point of having an inability to sing. Its raspy, cuts out, and when
try to sing, it almost feels like my throat closes. I've also
noticed
that I am able to reach higher notes (with some effort and little
oooomph) than lower (even though I am an alto), yet on either range I
have no strength.
Can you help with some advice etc.? Im desperate and frightened that
maybe I've done some damage since I was forced to sing while horse
because of previous obligations when I was sick and I did force
things. Also, vocal rest is difficult as I have three children...
have you EVER tried to inforce rules or make a point to a 9 year old
in a wisper? They look at you like your crazy?
Pkbrier

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1121 Re: HELP (forwarded from a new member) leskayc@a...   Mon  4/24/2000   2 KB
1137 Re: HELP (forwarded from a new member) Kim and Pete Brier   Tue  4/25/2000   3 KB
1138 Re: HELP (forwarded from a new member) Kim and Pete Brier   Tue  4/25/2000   3 KB
1191 Re: HELP (forwarded from a new member) leskayc@a...   Wed  4/26/2000   2 KB
1192 Re: HELP (forwarded from a new member) Kim and Pete Brier   Wed  4/26/2000   3 KB

emusic.com