Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Mon Apr 24, 2000  4:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Climb Ev'ry Mountain for lyric voice?

JF wrote:

Is there a reason why a lyric voice would learn
this piece? Is there some value for lyric voices to work on this piece even
if it is never performed?

+++

It is a good piece for developing your low range and long sustained lines.
You can enjoy performing the song with piano, even tho the role is more suited
to a dramatic voice. Likewise, I perform a lot of songs out of context from
roles that would certainly not suit me as a dramtic soprano, e.g., "I enjoy
being a girl" from "Flower Drum Song." :)

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com