Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
"Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Wed Apr 11, 2001  11:15 pm
Subject:  Sir Harry Secombe

I have just heard that Harry Secombe died today after suffering from
prostate cancer. There were many discussions on this list last year about
whether he was the greatest British tenor. What I can say is that he was a
warm, genuine performer with taste, humour, compassion and an ability to
make people feel better about life. His long time comic companion in the
Goon Show, Spike Milligan, said "I grieve for an unbelievable friend." I
don't think that much more needs saying, does it?

Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11067 Re: Sir Harry Secombe John Alexander Blyth   Thu  4/12/2001   3 KB
11111 Re: Sir Harry Secombe to Colin (mostly!) Ian Belsey   Fri  4/13/2001   3 KB

emusic.com