Vocalist.org archive

From:  singersuki@a...
Date:  Mon Apr 24, 2000  2:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] I'm all choked up

In a message dated 04/23/2000 8:25:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
LikeSoMuchFish@a... writes:

<< I have seen singers who can sob heavily and yet keep a consistent tonal
quality whilst remaining on pitch. How do they do it?
Have any of you experienced this"choking" first hand? Have any of you
learned
to overcome it without sacrificing emotion and how? >>

JC, this takes practice. I studied acting with Acting Opera, and we learned
to keep our throats VERY open when sobs come up. And practice, we did. You
must remember to BREATHE. It also requires excellent control of your voice.
You really need to know what you're doing, to do this properly.

Suki T

emusic.com