Vocalist.org archive

From:  dorisopran@a...
dorisopran@a...
Date:  Wed Apr 11, 2001  1:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Chronic Coughing

In a message dated 4/11/01 12:35:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dgcsorcmgr@j... writes:
dgcsorcmgr@j... writes:

<< Did you move to North Texas shortly b-4 the coughing began? >>

This question wasn't directed to me ... I'm not the original poster about
this bout with coughing, but I'll relate my experience with North Texas and
coughing. I was born and grew up in North Texas. We'd experience strong
fumes from the petroleum refineries whenever a "Norther" would blow through.
Also, I remember incredible dust storms. I never connected any of those
events with my health. They were always exciting and a part of life. But,
throughout my life, I've been subject to respiratory infections, and coughs
would hang on a long time. A couple of years ago, I was diagnosed with
asthma, and the pulmonologist said he suspected, from all I told him, that it
had been present all my life. There was an asthma map not too long ago in
Scientific American. I was surprised to see that the U.K. and Ireland had
more incidence than I would have predicted. I need to look back at it and
see if they separate Texas or just factor it into a larger region.

Doris, one of the New Jersey sopranos

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
11061 Re: Chronic Coughing rtpeacoc@e...   Thu  4/12/2001   2 KB
11068 Re: Chronic Coughing agoldhammer@y...   Thu  4/12/2001   3 KB
11099 Chronic Coughing - NASAL LAVAGE Isabelle Bracamonte   Fri  4/13/2001   3 KB

emusic.com