Vocalist.org archive

From:  gwyee@r...
gwyee@r...
Date:  Thu Apr 5, 2001  12:49 am
Subject:  Re: Re: [vocalist] Choral Singing Can Keep You Healthy

At 03:03 PM 4/4/01 -0400, peggyh@i... wrote:
>...But I think some of it is that choral singers just do more singing, in
terms of elapsed time. Solo singers, in most circumstances, sing here and
there, and opera chorus people have a few scenes. But choral singers doing a
major choral work might be singing 45 minutes in an hour of elapsed time.
That's lots of those good brain chemicals gettin' released into the
bloodstream.

Yup! We also sing in completely mixed formation. So, I (tenor) get to have
a soprano to my left, an alto to my right, one of each in front of me and
and also behind me. I guess there's a bass back there, too; but I do enjoy
being surrounded by the ladies! You should know, also, that in our mixed
formation, you do have to carry and cover your own part all the time. The
only "covering" benefit seems to be during "stagger breathing".

GWendel

emusic.com