Vocalist.org archive

From:  Lisa-Marie Olson <lisa_molson@y...>
Date:  Sun Apr 23, 2000  5:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] How long to find your fach? and "faching up"

Sandra-

I am 30, and my fach has suddenly changed. I was
ALWAYS told I was a light lyric/soubrette. From the
age of 18, this was the case, there was never any
doubt. Until I turned 30, and a teacher heard me sing
a low C (below middle C), and said "there is no WAY
you are a light lyric! Only dramatic voices can sing
so low" So, we are experimenting, and I am finding
all sorts of weight and color in my voice. The latest
idea is "dramatic coloratura" because I have a lot of
weight, and my voice moves really well.

My point, even when you THINK you have settled into a
fach, something can come along and "fach" it up. ;-)

By the way, a new fach is the most fun you can
possibly have. I am singing all sorts of music I
NEVER thought I would sing! *BIG GRIN*

Lisa-Mare