Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Wed Apr 4, 2001  3:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Choral Singing Can Keep You Healthy

In a message dated 4/4/2001 10:31:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
johnlink@c... writes:

<<
> lastly, as i'm trying to unload a bridge myself, i'm not really in the
>market for any other bridges, no matter how fine the artifice might be.

I understand, but I bet you don't have a bridge as beautiful as the
one that connects Manhattan and Brooklyn. Have you ever seen how it
looks with the sun shining on it? >>

no john, here in north carolina, all we have are all these damn trees.
and now that it's spring (something you folks won't have to put up with till
may), we are hammered by an endless litany of flowering trees (benadryl
season i call it). first we have those damn pear and cherry blossoms
(called blossoms because that's what they make your sinuses do), and then,
just when you think relief is in sight, the damn dogwoods come out. then,
next week, adding insult to injury, comes the azaleas. ugh, the azaleas!
with their pink and their purple and their translucent, ice-chest white
flowers. and the sound of bees rollicking in their ritualistic fornication
in partnership with this horticultural nightmar...HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR
THE BRIDGE? come on, name your price!

mike

emusic.com