Vocalist.org archive

From:  Aaron <tenorman@v...>
Aaron <tenorman@v...>
Date:  Tue Apr 3, 2001  4:30 pm
Subject:  Off-topic: Search engines

Hi/Bonjour Judy,

There's an ongoing debate on Copernic as to whether it is
"adware/spyware" with not only their ads but they have a company (run
a search for the comapny name) that targets the ads to the Copernic
user. You can read a little about it here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=copernic+spyware&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rnum=2&sel\
d=960114863&ic=1
as well as many other places.

More on Copernic and the ad company:
http://www.copernic.com/company/press/?release=13

As for Google I believe that "spyware" only exists if you use the
Google toolbar.

Sorry for "OT", I'm not on "Vocalist backstage" so you can e-mail me
privately if you care for more info.

"Cookies" are a given.

Aaron mailto:tenorman@v...

They call television a medium. That is because it is neither rare nor well done.

sac> I assume that you are referring to cookies?

sac> Judy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10815 Re: Off-topic: Search engines Jennifer   Tue  4/3/2001   3 KB

emusic.com