Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
"Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Apr 2, 2001  9:29 pm
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: Breath control of castrati

"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...> wrote:
> It is also a blessing that these voices are no longer with us.
> Think what new pains the "performing practices" crowd could inflict
> on us with this instrument. No, it is better to have castrati be a
> part of history and a source of never ending wonder that man could
> do this to fellow man.

Amen to that! HIP can defintely be taken too far :-) Thanks for the
figure on the 54 inch chest, I had not seen that statistic before. I
suppose for those castrati who were not overweight, that would be a
significant advantage.

Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
10799 Re: Breath control of castrati Reg Boyle   Tue  4/3/2001   2 KB

emusic.com