Vocalist.org archive

From:  dogmac@r...
Date:  Sun Apr 23, 2000  9:24 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] How long to find your fach? and "faching up"

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000 20:06:48 -0500, you wrote:

>For the teachers out there: how long does it generally take before a
>singer's fach can be determined? Given that they have good teaching
>guidance and direction, of course. And about what percentage of students
>"fach up" (or down) at some point in their development? Is it usually a
>result of physical maturation? Or technique mastery?
>
>Or for the singers out there, how long did it take before you felt you knew
>your true fach?

Well....

I have been learning for 6 years now, and am still not very sure. I
have been told I am definitely a mezzo, definitely a contralto,
definitely a spinto and definitely a dramatic soprano.

My teacher tells me not to worry about it just yet, but concentrate on
my technique. The less flaws getting in the way, the more obvious the
natural voice..

Cheers

Di
http://www.netserv.net.au/dianne/

My cool quote of the month:
"He said that if ever he found a boy talking to girls or having a girl for a
sweetheart, he would whip him and whip him; and that would teach him not to be
talking to girls."
Last months was from "Greetings to the new Brunette" by the impeccable Billy
Bragg
Usual girly "Oooh Ah you are so clever" noises the first to email me with the
source

emusic.com