Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Mar 31, 2001  3:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Singing Louder

In a message dated 3/31/2001 2:43:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dolphin_aura@y... writes:
dolphin_aura@y... writes:

<< I need advice on how to sing louder. I am 19 and have
a normally very small voice, however the higher i go
the louder I get. I need to learn how to sing louder
in lower notes. mainly a f below high c and below >>

dolphin,

do you sing in a completely different voice than you speak in?
something that might be described as an airy headvoice? if so, that's like
singing in fourth gear. by the time you get to 40mph, it works fine but,
it's awfully weak at 15mph. your speaking voice covers quite a bit of the
low range. if you have tried to use it with your other voice, you might have
noticed a break or a switch that bothered you so, you picked the higher voice
and sang in only that voice. if this is the case, what you are missing is a
'mix' which can bridge that gap and allow you to use your whole voice, first
gear for low notes, fourth gear for high notes, etc.

mike

emusic.com