Vocalist.org archive

From:  promero@w...
promero@w...
Date:  Thu Mar 29, 2001  10:01 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Can Tenors sing this?

Alexandra says:
Thank you for your tip, Karen, I did the search and strangely enough,
K519 is featured as "Song with Piano `das Lied der Trennung, Die
Engel Gottes weinen'", There is no specification as to voice types
(later in the book you there is only one aria mentioned as
specifically labeled for soprano ("Un moto di gioja" which he
composed as an alternate aria for Susanna in Le Nozze), and the two
Trios are delineated into Tenor, Soprano and Bass), however the
greater majority of the songs (more than 80% in the edition) just
label "Singstimmer" for the vocalist without specifying what voice
Mozart intended. What should I assume?

.net/~kb9chf/KochelCatalogue.html

> Do a "Find" on the word "Tenor" and you'll find out which concert
Mozart
> actually meant to be sung by tenor.
>
> Karen
> =====